Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Step in LIS Profession

Dear Professionals,
How are you doing? I want to join you where I left couple of months back. After my MLISc I joined as a trainee at SDMIMD, Mysore in Nov 2009 and completed in Mar 2010.

SDMIMD is a management institute and like other SDM institutes, this is also managed by Shri. Veerendra Heggade of Dharmasthala. It is a residential MBA college with good facilities and advanced technology. They also have a publication named as "SDMIMD Journal for Management”.

Library:
I was very fascinated when I first visited the SDMIMD library. It is well maintained with NewGenLib software. E library is also there with 7-8 databases and approximately 15000 books. CAS and OPAC service is also available and the service is excellent.

The library is an ideal one with a perfection of all the well mechanized forces meeting at a point. It was little easy going for me there because, I had the confidence of my MLISc study experience which was morale boosting and proved helpful in the training period.


I had the advantage of good exposure with IT, so I got a share of appraisal for my computer skills. I dedicate the success of my training to my MLISc teachers, because of them; I could handle it through confidence.
I always agree with NSH sir who used to share his experiences with us because what I have learned in MLISc proved useful to me than any other thing.

I am very thankful to the Librarian and other Library staffs there; because of them I learn some good professional skills. They used to give me work and I felt that they had confidence in me. I really thank them for their encouragement, support and cooperation, and I enjoyed my training a lot.


I used to do data entry technical processing, serials management, books merger and library in house activities. All these things will surely help me in my future professional career.


I feel very lucky to get first professional experience in such a nice institute.
Thank you.

No comments: